Brexit will impact on your workforce in a number of ways, including:
- From January 2021 there will be a new immigration regime
- EU/EEA/Swiss nationals who wish to live and work in the UK
- Recognition of qualifications
- Travel (visa requirements, passport rules)
Existing employees of UK companies who are EU nationals will need to apply for settled status.
It is important to plan for cut-off dates and any differential status that might apply to new arrivals to the UK.
Do you employ UK nationals living in the EU/EEA/Switzerland? If so, check out this government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe
Do you have staff that travel to the EU for work, if so, check out the guidance for travel and visa requirements for the EU here: https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021
For employees who are EU citizen but who will be coming to the UK for work, you can find more information here:
To help SMEs prepare for Brexit, we have produced some useful materials including:
- Preparing for Brexit: A Guide for SMEs (including helpful links to tools and further resources); and
- A 15-point Action Plan.
If you would like a copy of the guide or the 15-point Action Plan, please get in touch.